“My goal is not to chase a balanced budget just for the sake of balance,” he said to ABC News. “My goal is how do we grow the economy, put people back to work, and if we do that we are going to be bringing in more revenue.”
“We’re not gonna balance the budget in 10 years,”
Not after what you’ve done to it! so why bother. Let’s just raise taxes so I can spend even more!
Mr. Obama said. “If you look at what Paul Ryan does to balance the budget, it means that you have to voucher-ize Medicare, you have to slash deeply into programs like Medicaid.”
Grandma off a cliff. Grandma eating dog food. Killing Old People. Heard it all before…
Mr. Obama also said Mr. Ryan’s budget called for higher taxes on the middle class.
You’ve already done that, Mr. President.
Mr. Ryan has claimed his budget plan is balanced — and that it accomplished fiscal solvency without raising taxes.
And, of course, we can’t have that without more Class Warfare, Taxes, and More Spending!!! Same old…Same old…
John Harrison was halfway to a bachelor’s degree but financially strapped when Marine recruiters began calling him in 2007.
His wife, Amanda Harrison, recalls their pitches: “Hey, there’s all these different ways to finish your degree and you don’t have to go into a lot of debt to do it.”
That was perhaps true until last week, when the Marines told Sgt. Harrison, 26, that his college tuition would no longer be paid.
“I was furious,” Amanda said. “So many of us cannot afford to pay out-of-pocket for our service members to go to school.”
The Army, Air Force and Coast Guard followed suit by also suspending tuition assistance to tens of thousands of active-duty troops. A Navy spokesman told Yahoo News on Wednesday that possible changes to its tuition program would be announced by the end of the week.
The plans reimburse service members $250 per semester hour, up to $4,500 a year, for off-duty college tuition.
The military immediately blamed $85 billion in sequestration spending cuts that went into effect March 1.
“How much does it cost for him to go and play golf?” Karl followed up.
Meanwhile, the People (and school children) can’t tour the The White House.
It’s good to Be The King…
The Obama administration said Thursday it had rearrested and brought back four of the most dangerous immigrants it released from detention last month in the run-up to the budget sequestration.
U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement Director John Morton testified to Congress that his agency released 10 “level one” offenders, and has gone out and apprehended four of them. He said the other six are nonviolent.
Mr. Morton also acknowledged that overall, 2,228 immigrants were released — far more than the several hundred the agency had initially acknowledged. Of those, 629 had criminal records, though Mr. Morton said they were low-level offenders. (WT)
Gee, that makes me feel so much better… 🙂
“Today’s ICE testimony directly contradicts repeated assurances and explanations peddled by the Obama administration in the days after the mass release of illegal aliens became public knowledge,” said Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer. “The American people were initially told there were hundreds, not thousands, of individuals released. We were assured they were low-level detainees of little public risk. As we now know, neither of these claims was accurate.”
Another petulant scare tactic gone wrong.
But Mr. Morton said he made the choice on his own without any input from the White House or Ms. Napolitano. Still, he was unable to give many of the exact figures members have demanded to know.
Sen. John Cornyn, Texas Republican and one of those who wrote demanding answers, said Mr. Morton didn’t clear up very much.
“Why was the secretary of Homeland Security not aware of the release of convicted criminals by her own agency? Why did she tell us it was only hundreds who were released when we now learn it was thousands?” he said. “This is evidence of serious mismanagement at DHS under Secretary Napolitano.”
The agency said the decision to release immigrants from custody was partly because of sequestration, but also because it had been detaining more people in the first half of the fiscal year, and had to slow down its pace to fit within its budget.
ICE is funded to detain an average of 34,000 immigrants at any one time but had been detaining up to 36,000 in the early months of the fiscal year, which Mr. Morton said meant they were always going to have to cut the number of people they were holding. (WT)
So if you don’t let us Tax you even more and Spend Even more Bad things will happen!
Some Americans could see their insurance bills double next year as the health care overhaul law expands coverage to millions of people. The nation’s big health insurers say they expect premiums — or the cost for insurance coverage — to rise from 20 to 100 percent for millions of people due to changes that will occur when key provisions of the Affordable Care Act roll out in January 2014. Mark Bertolini, CEO of Aetna Inc., one of the nation’s largest insurers, calls the price hikes “premium rate shock.” “We’ve done all the math, we’ve shared it with all the regulators, we’ve shared it with all the people in Washington that need to see it, and I think it’s a big concern,” Bertolini said during the company’s annual meeting with investors in December. To be sure, there will be no across-the-board rate hikes for everyone, and there’s no reliable national data on how many people could see increases.
But the biggest price hikes are expected to hit a group that represents a relatively small slice of the insured population. That includes some of the roughly 14 million people who buy their own insurance as opposed to being covered under employer-sponsored plans, and to a lesser extent, some employees of smaller companies. The price increases are a downside of President Barack Obama’s health care law, which is expected to expand coverage to nearly 30 million uninsured people. The massive law calls for a number of changes that could cause premiums for people who don’t have coverage through a big employer to rise next year — at a time when health care costs already are expected to grow by 5 percent or more.
Throughout the healthcare debate (and his first campaign), President Obama promised that premiums would fall by an average of $2,500 annually per family. He also pledged that overall healthcare costs would decline, not increase. Wrong, and wrong. There’s a reason why Republicans are still fighting like hell to repeal and defund this monstrosity. The Associated Press runs through a few of the reasons behind the looming cost spikes:
— Changes to how insurers set premiums according to age and gender could cause some premiums to rise as much as 50 percent, according to America’s Health Insurance Plans, or AHIP, an industry trade group that’s funded by insurers.
— A new tax on premiums could raise prices as much as 2.3 percent in 2014 and more in subsequent years, according to a study commissioned by AHIP. Policyholders with plans that end in 2014 probably have already seen an impact from this.
— Requirements that insurance plans in many cases cover more health care or pay a greater share of a patient’s bill than they do now also could add to premiums, depending on the extent of a person’s current coverage, according AHIP.
While we’re at it, let’s address two more shattered promises of Obamacare. (1) Remember “if you like your plan, you can keep it?” The Obama administration has announced it’s taking an even bigger meat cleaver to the popular Medicare Advantage program than first anticipated. Democrats attack the Republican budget for “cutting Medicare on the backs of seniors” because the proposal includes a bipartisan reform plan for future seniors. Democrats have already sliced $716 billion from Medicare to pay for Obamacare, and they’re about to slash the popular Medicare Advantage for millions of current seniors. (2) In spite of the president’s “not a single dime” deficit pledge, the nonpartisan GAO estimates that Obamacare will add $6.2 trillion to our long term deficits.
Elisabeth Hasselbeck: ‘The View’ co-host fired for being too ‘right-wing,’ report says
Mrs. Hasselbeck, who continually battles the four other left-leaning women on the show, reportedly is too “right-wing” for the audience.
“The viewers they polled all said she was too extreme and right-wing,” a show insider told UsMagazine.com Friday. “People did not watch the show because of Elisabeth. So they told her yesterday her contract would not be renewed.”
It was not reported who will be taking her place.
Then Barbara Walters come out and denies it.
“Having said that to all of you, [executive producer Bill Geddie] and I have always said that when one of you make the choice to leave, that’s your choice, and we will support your decision,”
Which is Showbiz for “Don’t let the Door hit you in the ass while we throw you out nicely and kill you will faint praise.” You make the decision to leap off the cliff so we don’t have to push you.
It looks better that way, darling, FOR YOU.
So it’s now just the “The View” from the Extreme Left. Gee, what took them so long. 🙂
So don’t “obstruct” us or Else it will get much worse for you! We’ll see to it!