“It is weakness rather than wickedness which renders men unfit to be trusted with unlimited power.” — John Adams, 1788
Bureaucrats at the UN Climate Summit in Durban have outlined plans for the most draconian, harebrained and madcap climate change treaty ever produced, under which the west would be mandated to respect “the rights of Mother Earth” by paying a “climate debt” which would act as a slush fund for bankrolling an all-powerful world government.
Run by them, of course, after all, they are so much better than you. And so much more earnest and “fair”.
– The treaty calls for the west to achieve a 50% CO2 emissions reduction within the next eight years, a feat that would completely bankrupt the global economy and spark a new great depression, as well as a “more than 100%” reduction by 2050, which presumably could only be accomplished by killing billions of humans to prevent them from exhaling carbon dioxide.
“So, no motor cars, no coal-fired or gas-fired power stations, no aircraft, no trains. Back to the Stone Age, but without even the right to light a carbon-emitting fire in your caves,” writes Monckton.
– The text calls for a 2 degree Celsius drop in global temperatures, which as Monckton points out “would kill hundreds of millions” and herald a new ice age.
And I’d like to know how they plan to accomplish that? Return the world to the 18th Century?
– The reduction in CO2 concentration the text calls for would actually begin to kill all plant life and trees on the planet because they need levels of carbon dioxide above 210 ppmv to survive.
– All military forces would be abolished because they contribute to climate change. Presumably the United Nations would then take on the role of world army to police the globe.
And the alarmist say they aren’t control freaks bent on dominating every second of your life. Much like the Democrats.
Of course, anyone who would agree to this is the biggest idiot of all-time. Cue, the Liberal Left!!
Fascism: a governmental system led by a dictator having complete power, forcibly suppressing opposition and criticism, regimenting all industry, commerce, etc., and emphasizing an aggressive nationalism and often racism.
You mean the ObamaCare and it’s power of life and death. Executive order procliaming by fiat things that couldn’t be passed by Congress. The Food Police. The Green or you die agenda. Dodd-Frank. Hyper-regulations. Oh, and you’re a racist if you disagree. Or worse, a coddler of “rich” people! (except those giving Barack $38,500 a plate at his fund raisers they are ok). 🙂
And to top that off if you’re a military person who goes into a building and Yells “allah ackbar” and kills 13 people with a gun- it’s called “workplace violence”. (Calling the Ft. Hood shootings “workplace violence” is akin to calling Mt. St. Helens eruption, “landscaping”.)
And if gun down a Border Patrol Agent with guns the US government sold to the bad guys that is “complicated” when you lie about it repeatedly and then seal the agent’s records.
Fake accusations against a black conservative are fare more serious that actual evidence against a Liberal.
But that’s the Left for you. They always diminish the importance of things that run counter to their agenda.
Nope, nothing to see here… 🙂
“This weak compromise is a victory for the fossil industry, which is successfully controlling the U.S. government not agreeing to a legally binding protocol,” said Martin Kaiser, who analyzes international climate policy for Greenpeace.
And boy do they have a major mad-on for Oil companies. To bad their “green” tech is an abject failure. Guess it’s time to break out the candles and saddle up the horses!
The process will be enforced by an “International Climate Court of Justice” under a bureaucracy of world government that will force western nations to pay “climate debt,” as well as reparations to third world nations to pay for carbon cuts that wouldn’t be as drastic. The burden of “historical responsibility” has been applied to industrialized nations, implying they are guilty for whatever the weather decides to do and must be punished for it.
– All the money will be collected by the UN and whatever is left after they have taken their considerable cut will be doled out according to the wishes of UN bureaucrats. “As a senior UN diplomat told me last year, “The UN exists for only one purpose: to get more money. That, and that alone, is the reason why it takes such an interest in climate change,” writes Monckton.
Redistribute that Wealth on a global scale. Now that’s “fair” 🙂
– Environmental enforcement arms of the UN will be given the power of a global government in the name of fighting climate change. “The draft “agrees that common principles, modalities and procedures as well as the coordinating and oversight functions of the UNFCCC are needed” – in short, global centralization of political, economic and environmental power in the manicured hands of the Convention’s near-invisible but all-powerful secretariat. No provision is made for the democratic election of key members of the all-powerful secretariat – in effect, a world government – by the peoples of our planet,” writes Monckton.
– This world government will mandate that western nations submit reports every two years on their progress and then implement the measures demanded by the world government.
– The UN will create several new slush funds from which to enrich its coffers, including a tax on shipping and aviation fuel, a new “green climate fund” and a worldwide cap and trade. Most of the costs will be handed down to taxpayers.
This merely scratches the surface of what the UN is trying to include in its “legally-binding treaty,” which represents eco-fascism on steroids. Despite press reports that the text is once again likely to be rejected, Monckton points out that UN bureaucrats are confident they can get some form of deal rammed through on this occasion. (Prison Planet.com)
Think of the Left as the little river that grows into a big, powerful river that cuts a Grand Canyon over millions of years only they don’t take quite that long.
The Progressive Left has been dreaming about ObamaCare for 90 years. They have been on the Global Climate Change (cooling-warming whatever) for some 40-50 years.
Like that river they will keep cutting away at the ground until it a canyon.
Until they have absolute power over absolutely everyone they will not quit.
Which is why they have be fought constantly. They are the eternal struggle.
“Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty.” — Wendell Phillips, (1811-1884)
It’s not like they’ll wise up and give up.
Oh, no, that would be against their holy “fairness” that they must cram down everyone’s throat regardless and heedless of anything and everybody.
They are death by a thousand tiny bureaucrats, one bureaucrat at a time.
What is fair?
Not life. Some people obviously are smarter than others. Some are better looking. Others have more capacity for hard work.
But this is not unfair. This is the ultimate in fairness. It’s not what skills you were born with; it’s what you do with those skills.
That leaves us with “free from…injustice.” If there’s one thing “progressives” love to talk about, it is justice. Social justice, economic justice, “no justice, no peace.” Whatever kind of justice you want, they’re selling it. Unless, of course, you simply want the ultimate justice of being left to sink or swim on your own merit. In that case, forget it. (Derek Hunter)
But that’s not the left’s vision. Oh no, not even close.
Nothing is “fair” until a Liberal bureaucrats who runs every aspect of your life and controls everything about you think 24/7.
Now that’s “fair”. 🙂