I had to unfriend someone during the campaign. They were a Hillary Clinton sycophant (had fan boy pictures of her and Hillary). I unfriended her not because of that though. Because she got mad at me for posting counter-intelligence on her feed. It was her feed and only what SHE WANTED on it was permissible. So, unable to not say something I unfriended her for her own protection.
But, don’t worry, I was unfriended multiple times myself. 🙂
So it’s all “fair”. 🙂
Ten Reasons Left-Wingers Cut Trump Voters from Their Lives by Dennis Prager
Wouldn’t you avoid an evil person who was deliberately destroying the planet? Many Hillary Clinton voters have ceased communicating with friends, and even family members, who voted for Donald Trump. It is so common that the New York Times published a front-page article on the subject headlined “Political Divide Splits Relationships — and Thanksgiving, Too.” The article begins with three stories: Matthew Horn, a software engineer from Boulder, Colo., canceled Christmas plans with his family in Texas. Nancy Sundin, a social worker in Spokane, Wash., has called off Thanksgiving with her mother and brother. Ruth Dorancy, a software designer in Chicago, decided to move her wedding so that her fiancé’s grandmother and aunt, strong Trump supporters from Florida, could not attend.
The Times acknowledges that this phenomenon is one-sided, saying, “Democrats have dug in their heels, and in some cases are refusing to sit across the table from relatives who voted for President-elect Donald J. Trump.”
ALL HAIL the “tolerance” and “diversity” crowd! 🙂
A number of people who voted for Trump called my show to tell me that their daughters had informed them they would no longer allow their parents to see their grandchildren. And one man sent me an e-mail reporting that his brother-in-law’s mother told him that she “no longer had a son.”
All of this raises an obvious question: Why is this phenomenon of cutting off contact with friends and relatives so one-sided?
Why don’t we hear about conservatives shunning friends and relatives who supported Hillary Clinton?
After all, almost every conservative considered Clinton to be ethically and morally challenged. And most believed that another four years of left-wing rule would complete what Barack Obama promised he would do in 2008 if he were elected president — fundamentally transform the United States of America. In other words, conservatives were not one whit less fearful of Clinton and the Democrats than Democrats were of Trump and Republicans.
Yet virtually no conservatives cut off contact with friends, let alone parents, who supported Clinton.
I did it to an acquaintance (not a friend) for their own benefit. Kind of like quitting before getting fired. I did a Nixon. 🙂
Here are ten reasons left-wingers cut Trump voters from their lives.
1. Just like our universities shut out conservative ideas and speakers, more and more individuals on the left now shut out conservative friends and relatives as well as conservative ideas.
To prevent Thoughtcrimes, to maintain the integrity of the echo chamber they live in because hearing about Trump every day is bad enough on the shield generators.
2. Many, if not most, leftists have been indoctrinated with leftism their entire lives. This is easily shown. There are far more conservatives who read articles, who listen to and watch left-wing broadcasts, and who have studied under left-wing teachers than there are people on the left who have read, listened to, or watched anything of the Right or who have taken classes with conservative instructors. As a result, those on the left really believe that those on the right are all sexist, intolerant, xenophobic, homophobic, Islamophobic, racist, and bigoted. Not to mention misogynistic and transphobic.
I know I am. 🙂
3. Most left-wing positions are emotion-based. That’s a major reason people who hold leftist views will sever relations with people they previously cared for or even loved. Their emotions (in this case, irrational fear and hatred) simply overwhelm them.
“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.” – Yoda
And who leaves on Fear and Fear Mongering more than a Leftist?
4. Since Karl Marx, leftists have loved ideas more than people. All Trump voters who have been cut off by children, in-laws, and lifelong friends now know how true that is.
Their ideas, that is. The ideas of Homo Superior Liberalis shall not be sullied by Neanderthals, even if they are your friends or relatives.
5. People on the right think that most people on the left are wrong; people on the left think that most people on the right are evil. Decades of labeling conservative positions as “hateful” and labeling conservative individuals as “sexist,” “intolerant,” “xenophobic,” “homophobic,” “racist,” and “bigoted” have had their desired effect.
6. The Left associates human decency not so much with personal integrity as with having correct — i.e. progressive — political positions. Therefore, if you don’t hold progressive positions, you lack decency. Ask your left-wing friends if they’d rather their high-school son or daughter cheat on tests or support Trump.
Homo Superior Liberalis, there’s a reason “Superior” is in the title. 🙂
This is also where logic fails when having a “conversation” with a Leftist. Since they are always correct in their thinking and they are emotional, Logic stands no chance.
7. Most individuals on the left are irreligious, so the commandment “Honor your father and your mother” means nothing to those who have cut off relations with parents because they voted for Trump.
8. Unlike conservatives, politics gives most leftists’ lives meaning. Climate change is a good example. For leftists, fighting carbon emissions means saving human existence on earth. Now, how often does anyone get a chance to literally save the world? Therefore, to most leftists, if you voted for Trump, you have both negated their reason for living and are literally destroying the planet. Why would they have Thanksgiving or Christmas with such a person?
Home Superior Liberalis, we are superior for a reason. 🙂
9. The Left tends toward the totalitarian. (and Authoritarian) And every totalitarian ideology seeks to weaken the bonds between children and parents. The Left seeks to dilute parental authority and replace it with school authority and government authority. So when your children sever their bond with you because you voted for Trump, they are acting like the good totalitarians the Left has molded.
But the problem with Education is not these facts, but a lack of money, especially for Teacher’s whose Union is draconian, authoritarian, and totally Democrat. 🙂
10. While there are kind and mean individuals on both sides of the political spectrum, as a result of all of the above, there are more mean people on the left than on the right. What other word than “mean” would anyone use to describe a daughter who banished her parents from their grandchildren’s lives because of their vote? I wish none of this were true. But there is a way to prove me wrong: Re-friend your friends and relatives who voted for Trump, and tell everyone who has ended relations with family members — especially with parents — to reach out to them and welcome them back into their lives.
Nixon cannot got back to Facebook. 🙂
“Fake News”- Liberal Progressive fear mongering Narrative and anything that doesn’t fit the Progressive Narrative. 🙂