The Department of Justice distorts figures to hide from Congress pervasive corruption in the nation’s immigration court system, which allows deportable aliens to evade hearings without consequences and more than 1 million removal orders to be ignored.
Adding insult to injury, U.S. taxpayers finance the drove of appeals filed by illegal immigrants deported for criminal convictions and fraudulent marriages. From 2000 to 2007, Americans doled out $30 million for aliens’ court costs, according to a new report <http://cis.org/Immigration-Courts>authored by a former immigration court judge (Mark H. Metcalf) in south Florida, considered a hotbed in the system.
The veteran jurist says the nation’s immigration courts, which are operated by the DOJ, are ruled by deception and disorder <http://cis.org/Immigration-Courts> and are at the heart of a system that nurtures scandal. About 250 overwhelmed judges preside over hundreds of thousands of cases annually and rarely are their deportation orders enforced.
Even after the 2001 terrorist attacks, 50% of all aliens who were free pending trial disappeared, according to figures provided in the judge’s report. Between 2005 and 2006 the number of aliens who failed to appear at their court hearing grew to 59%.
The DOJ deceptively reported the figure as “only” 39% by combining aliens who were free pending trial with those in custody who were forced by authorities to appear in court. That allowed the so-called bail-jumpers to appear as a smaller part of a bigger overall figure.
The agency also told Congress that immigration courts rule in favor of aliens only 20% of the time when in fact its 60% and that aliens appeal deportation orders in only 8% of cases when the figure is actually 98%. Many more examples are included in the judge’s report, which refers to the DOJ’s findings as a sham.
“Accuracy, credibility, relevance, and timeliness elude this agency and the flow of believable statistics to the public,” it says. The judge suggests that Congress order its investigative arm, the Government Accountability Office (GAO) to conduct an in-depth probe.
Am I surprised? No.
When the U.S. government reports its debt, it does not include payment that it is required to make to seniors, veterans and retired employee. If those were included, as they should be, the US debt would be an far greater number than the already outrageous number the government does publish. Accountant Sheila Weinberg, founder of the Institute for Truth in Accounting, has done the accounting correctly and has come up with these numbers: Total US debt $61 trillion, which comes out to $534,000 per household. These numbers provide a picture of why the debt is really such a big problem. No way, no how can it be paid off, given the simple fact that most households don’t have $534,000 to turn over to the government. Default is really the only long-term option. It will be done either in straightforward fashion, where the government pays pennies on the dollar for what it owes. Or it will be done in stealth fashion by the Fed printing up dollars to pay for the government obligations, which will create huge price inflation that will screw the average worker and also those on fixed incomes such as retirees.
The Department of Education Has a SWAT TEAM?
Acting on orders from the U.S. Department of Education, a S.W.A.T. team broke into a California home Tuesday at 6 a.m. and roughed up a man — reportedly because of his estranged wife’s defaulted student loans. She wasn’t there. [UPDATE below: Officials confirmed the raid on the house but deny that the search warrant was related to student loans.]
Yet, Kenneth Wright of the city of Stockton was grabbed by the neck by handcuffed before he and his three young children were put in a police car as the officers searched his house, he told ABC News10. He said he was in his underwear the whole time.
“They busted down my door for this. It wasn’t even me,” Wright told the local news station <http://www.news10.net/news/article/141108/2/Questions-surround-feds-raid-of-Stockton-home>. “All I want is an apology for me and my kids and for them to get me a new door.”
Local police were reportedly not involved in the incident.
Once provisions of the Affordable Care Act start to kick in during 2014, at least three of every 10 employers will probably stop offering health coverage, a survey released Monday shows.
While only 7% of employees will be forced to switch to subsidized-exchange programs, at least 30% of companies say they will “definitely or probably” stop offering employer-sponsored coverage, according to the study published in McKinsey Quarterly.
The survey of 1,300 employers says those who are keenly aware of the health-reform measure probably are more likely to consider an alternative to employer-sponsored plans, with 50% to 60% in this group expected to make a change. It also found that for some, it makes more sense to switch.
“At least 30% of employers would gain economically from dropping coverage, even if they completely compensated employees for the change through other benefit offerings or higher salaries,” the study says.
But don’t worry, it will bring down costs and be vastly better for everyone! 🙂
A recent article by Julie Rovner on NPR agrees with what many have been saying for a long time – ER visits will go up due to ObamaCare, not down as proponents of the new law contended (full version here). From the article:
- 97% of ER doctors saw Medicaid patients on a daily basis who can’t find doctors who accept their insurance
- 97% of ER doctors saw private insurance patients on a daily basis, whose doctor referred them to the ER (perhaps because they were closed)
- 89% of physicians surveyed believe ObamaCare will increase ER visits, a view echoed by a December survey of 600 ER administrators
- According to a Centers for Disease Control report, less than 8% of ER visits are for non-emergency care
- CEP President Sandra Schneider warns “the combination of more elderly people plus fewer emergency departments (closing due to financial stresses) is creating “a critical supply-matching-demand issue that will only get worse.”
- The day ObamaCare was signed into law Medicare acquired 53 Trillion in unfunded liabilities – that’s 3 times the size of the entire US economy
- In 9 years Medicare will pay less than Medicaid, a system in which children have twice as many problems accessing care than those on private plans
- For those turning 65, the amount spent on their care will fall $36,000 over their lifetime (at todays prices). For those now 45 that figure jumps to $105,000.
- As baby boomers enter the market the number of enrollees expands, while the number of people paying into the system decreases (more out, less in).
- With decreasing provider payments fewer doctors will accept Medicare or Medicaid, and those who need healthcare most will be the hardest hit – the elderly, disabled, and poor.
- ObamaCare is expected to add 32 million people to the insurance roles, of which they are expected to double the amount of healthcare they use, and it does not create one more doctor or nurse to meet the increased demand.
But ignore the man behind the curtain. The lies are sweet. And everything is just fine! 🙂
Promising the American people ‘you can keep your plan if you like it’, while now the chief actuary acknowledges up to 20 million will lose their plans.
Nothing to see here…Except the Lies.